1 Corinthians 13:1-8

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

Monday, August 24, 2009

First 2 weeks of Class

Just finished week 2 of my new schedule so I'll give you an idea of what it's like. Sunday mornings I serve at the Southwest campus, which just opened earlier this year. I'm helping out with kids aged 5-8. It's been a lot of fun so far. Hillsong is pretty organized so the team leaders have a plan, which is definitely helpful. Last Sunday was movie day so we watched movies and ate popcorn. The kids also learned about fruits of the Spirit. Oh and it's like a 40 min drive to Southwest so I carpool. It seriously has to be the most diverse car. Diego is our driver, he's from Brazil. Ricky is from New Zealand, Beena is from Kuwait, and Ida is from Norway. Yep...very diverse! But we really enjoy the ride together. I have church back at the hills campus in the evening. This whole month they've had "Sunday Night Live" going on, which is just church services where they use media, drama and music. It's been great! The Sunday before last I cried 3 times. It was that good! My day off is Monday. A lot of my housemates have Monday off too so we usually just chill and watch movies. Today was one of the best Mondays for sure. My housemate Raquel and I went for a run. Man, I'm out of shape... but it was good. Then we came home and ate healthy food. But...it was followed by a Mexican party where we ate loads of yummy Mexican food (haha...). It was delightful :) Tuesdays I have 2 classes World Religions and Christian Doctrine. World Religions is so interesting. We're covering Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, New Age, Scientology, Confuscism, Taoism and more. I have a role play assignment coming up in October where a group of us will be acting out a conversation between a Christian and a Buddhist. Should be intersting! Christian Doctrine sounds boring but it's far from it. We're really getting down to what we believe and why we believe it in that class. Wednesdays are my longest day. I start at 9 and go till 5:30. I have Church History tutorial, New Testament Introduction, and Church History. New Testament and Church History are loaded with facts and dates, but so interesting. And if you ask a really good question, the N.T. instructor gives you chocolate :) Later on I have powerhouse, which is why my day is so long...but I LOVE powerhouse! Last week was our focus night and the worship was just insanely good! Thursdays I have no class. Sisterhood meetings are in the morning and I arrive at 8am to set up. I help out with the 2year olds...they're adorable and I really like my team as well. after that I have my fieldwork, which is the Hillsong Leadership Network. Basically, you or your church can become a member and receive resources, ministry advice, the latest cds, reserved seating for conferences, etc. It's really awesome! I feel so blessed to join the network team. I'm mostly going to be doing different administrative type job assignments. Last week I had to go get old brochures from one of Christine Caine's offices and throw them away. I had to carry a few boxes up to the office where I serve and when I got upstairs there was a guy holding the door open for me. It was Reuben Morgan! (haha...) Anyway, it's a fun area to serve in and I feel so blessed! Fridays are from 8:30-4. I have all the rest of my tutorials and my Personal Evangelism class, which might be my favorite class. Our instructor is really cool. . His testimony is amazing! Everything I hear in that class is just so encouraging. I love it! Saturdays are cool. I have the day off and attend Saturday night church...love it! Yep...that's what my week is like. And there's no way I could fully convey how amazing it is! God is working in me and I'm so thankful for this time of harvest!!

No comments: